Pat Ann Hughson (Sibley) 80, of Clatskanie, Oregon, died on Tuesday, June 8th at 5:01 am with her husband Richard and daughter Lesley by her side. Pat was born on May 20, 1941 to Ralph & Carmalita Cummings in Sheridan, Oregon. She then moved to Leslie & Rena Sibley at the age of three after Carmalita’s death. She was legally adopted by the Sibleys at the age of nine.
Also surviving Pat are son Christopher and wife Suzanne of Avondale, Pennsylvania; Grandsons, Conner, Keaton, Alexandra and Richard; Lesley’s husband Jim; Sisters, Helen Anderson & Marion Carpine; and several nieces and nephews with whom she had stayed close.
Pat grew up at the Sibley’s in St. Helens, Oregon, where she graduated from St. Helens High School in 1959. She attended Pacific Lutheran University for a year and returned to St. Helens to work at Dean’s Market and St. Helens Hospital. Pat and Richard were married on July 10, 1965. They moved from St. Helens to Clatskanie in 1967 and began working at Crown Zellerbach and Wauna Mill until the birth of their daughter in 1969. After settling in Clatskanie, Pat was involved in several communities in several organizations until her death. Her contributions to the community were numerous and included membership as a founding member of Faith Lutheran Church, participation in Friends of the Library, past president of the Clatskanie Garden Club, Rainy Days Quilters, and her service to several other local organizations.
Pat enjoyed the Oregon coast, traveled the US and abroad, baked great cakes, hung out with family and friends, and was a 1970s legend when it came to jell-o desserts.
In memory of Pat, donations can be made to Lutheran World Relief, www.lwr.org, or the American Cancer Society www.cancer.org.
She was loved by many and we will miss her very much.
Please register in our online guest book at www.columbiafh.com.